Open Minds. Open Markets.
Mahuki’s in-residence programme takes place in Te Papa’s purpose-built innovation space in central Wellington.
During the programme, 10 teams develop solutions to one or more of the 13 challenges facing cultural institutions. It’s an exciting and rewarding four-month process.
It all culminates in a showcase event at the end of the programme, where you get to show your work to investors, customers and key stakeholders.
You can join us. Applications for our 2018 intake open on May 28th.
"Mahuki empowers communities to use culture and technology to create sustainable prosperity.
We bring New Zealand innovators to the world and enable our entrepreneurs to succeed commercially in – and beyond – the culture and heritage sector."
Who should apply
Our Mahuki intakes attract expertise in areas like storytelling, gaming, animation, virtual reality, augmented reality, mobile design, and 3D modelling.
You might be:
- an established business with a relevant product or service
- a start-up with a big idea
- student teams looking to bring a project to life
- a social enterprise.
Teams should be made up of 2 to 4 people, though we'll consider individuals as well. It is imperative that you and your team commit to being based at Te Papa for the duration of the programme.
Do you have an idea for a solution that speaks to one of our 13 challenges?
What you get
Each team gets:
- financial support of $20,000
- Free co-working office space in Te Papa
- access to Te Papa's experts, collections and visitors
- knowledge and understanding to better deliver to the cultural sector in NZ and globally
- visits from international experts who are leaders in digital integration and innovation in the cultural/entertainment sector
- the opportunity to visit global cultural leaders and meet international experts in the field.
What we get
Te Papa takes a small shareholding in your company in recognition of the value of the programme.